10.06.2010

Honeymoons Are Awesome!!

Not only do you get to spend every waking minute with the one you love, but you get to eat whatever you want, drink whatever you want, shop all you want, and not feel guilty.  Oh yeah and you get to do absolutely nothing but all of the above.  Pefection.  We went to Holden Beach, NC and stayed at my boss’s massive oceanfront house.  Now, I am not a huge sun worshiper. Not anymore anyway. Sure, I’ve spent many days crisping and aging my skin, but that was light years ago.  If I’m tan, it’s a total accident.  That being said, I don’t go to the beach for the sun. Nor do I like to swim.  Honestly, I am just too chicken to get in the water and lose my arm to a shark.  That shit happens and I want no part of it.  I prefer to have my appendages and fill out both sleeves, thank you very much.  Ok, so why do I like the beach? It’s beautiful and amazing and the atmosphere is totally relaxing.  When have you ever had a Corona that tasted better than when you were at the beach?? Not never.  Anyway, being directly positioned in front of the water and blue skies while rocking back and forth with a drink in hand and the wind in your hair, all while being covered by a roof is pretty much unbeatable to me.  I’m at the beach and enjoying all of its magnificent benefits and not reaping any of the negatives according to this girl. I didn’t have to pack a cooler, haul it to the car, drive a few miles, lug it through the sand, lay blankets out while fighting the wind, wear a massive hat to protect myself from the sun, put on an obnoxious amount of spf 70, and most importantly, when it was time to use the bathroom after beer 2, I didn’t have to stress about where I was going to go to find a public bathroom or god forbid, just go in the water to handle the necessary.  Nope. I just walked the two steps to the door and went on inside where there is a toilet and toilet paper and a door and privacy and then just grabbed another beer on the way back out. Bliss.  Of course, we did go down to the land of the sand.  We walked and ran while witnessing beautiful sunrises and beautiful sunsets. Chico chased every bird he saw and Ryan ran to keep up with him.  Did I mention how much I love crashing waves?? I could listen to that all day and night and be happy.  It’s calming and stirring all at the same time….. probably why I love the beach some much. It appeals to my extremes and pulls me in because I understand and admire it.  So powerful and capable, but so relaxing and peaceful.





At Fishy Fishy!! Love their Salmon Rockafeller!
Morning Walk
Love this sand castle! We totally didnt build it.
Detail.
Love this one!
One of my favorite photos of all time!

Pelican Gang.  They keep a pretty strong presence at the beach.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment