2.21.2012

It’s Not Sasha. - A Must Read.

I have a blog recommendation for y’all that is waaayyyy to good to be hidden somewhere in my Blog Roll, so here it is, getting its very own post.

Sosha and I have been friends for quite a while now. (I blogged about her family here.) We were initially brought together by work, but remained connected, through what I like to think of as, our kindred souls. She was the first friend that I made in Charlotte that I could really identify with. She was from West Virginia and I was from Small Town, NY, but we both knew that we were from the same place. We didn’t attend private schools as children, our houses didn’t have paved driveways or rose bushes, and our families weren’t exactly angels. We’ve shared our fair share of laughs, booze, and crazy family stories, always sharing the same sense of humor about them. I’ve always appreciated that we were cut from the same cloth and were given the same attitude and grit toward life.

Now, while I can serve you up a dish of crazy, Sosha will serve you a 5 course meal. Her story is HEAVY and gripping to say the least. Sosha’s blog will make you laugh, it will make you cry, it will shock you, it will impress you, it will inspire you. It will make you think about how a girl, who had every reason in the world to fail, broke the cycle and rose up to create her own destiny, despite her circumstances.

Check it out and get to know her. This is just the beginning…

The Blog

http://www.itsnotsasha.blogspot.com/

The Website

http://itsnotsasha.com/

Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/itsnotsasha






1 comment:

  1. Well, I am not often speechless, but this has pretty much rendered me so. Thank you so much. I completely agree about the connection I feel with you. Thank you so, so, so much, my sister from another mister.

    ReplyDelete