11.30.2009

MY family. That's what I'm thankful for.....

This year's Thanksgiving was one of my favorites.  We had the best time.  When I'm with my family, I am so thankful that I have them, that they are just like me, that I feel at home with them.  I think I've always thought that everyone's family makes them feel like that.  That home is where you can be exactly who you are & not hide it.  I've just recently started to realize that I'm lucky. With the addition of facebook, I can get a peak into the lives of some of my friends. Can you believe that in some families drinking isnt allowed, that they have to hide who they really are & what they do from their families??? (GASP). What is that?!?! Seriously.  It really puts things into prespective for me.  I am blessed to be just who I am when I am with the people that are closest to me. In my family, we take shots @ thanksgiving & shoot innocent squirrels. We eat, drink, and be merry & we do it as one cohesive dysfunctional unit. And i just wouldnt have it any other way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment