1.04.2011

2011 Goals.

I’m not much of a resolution person because I believe in trying to be awesome all year round, but I do think it’s a good idea to lay down a few goals for motivation purposes. Normally I wouldn’t share this type of info, but I think that if I put them out there for everyone to see, and by everyone I mean the six people that read this blog, then I will be more likely to execute.


* Resurrect our backyard deck that has been mutilated since the Daytona 500 in February 2010. Note-do not remedy a boring race with alcohol and home improvement projects.

* Plan NY & Bama trips. I need to see and spend time with my Nana and Grandpa and will possibly try to make that trip in the spring. (if it’s not still snowing-gasp.) We would also like to make a trip to Ryan’s dad’s lake house over the summer.

* Start referring to Hank as "Big Sexy". He is striking enough to call for such labeling.

* Read more. I plan on backing off from the memoires, autobiographies, and published essays that I’ve been reading and getting back to reading more fiction. I’m planning on starting with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. I didn’t choose this one based on the title alone, although it probably would have been enough for me. 

* Write more. It’s therapeutic to communicate and I’m beginning to prefer blogging as my medium. Words in print are far more permanent and concrete than those that are spoken. I like to think about what I want to say and how I want to say it in order to accurately document my life at any given time. For instance, I can look back at this in a few years and wonder, why the hell did I ever want to call Hank, “Big Sexy??”

* Prepare for and run a 5k in the spring. This one’s for fluff. I’m capable of doing this now, but still need to find a race to participate in.

* Plant a garden. I’m thinking small at first. Tomatoes, cukes, onions, lettuce, green beans, etc. Luckily Doreen is a Master Gardener (for real, she’s certified) and will be able to help me manage growing in red clay.

* Save for a new camera. I’ll only be saving this year because I won’t allow myself to buy anything until I complete the next goal.

* Learn the ins and outs of my camera and expand my overall knowledge base of photography. I love photography and want to be better at it.

Get It!!

Unfortunately, the only photo I’ve taken so far in 2011 is this cell phone picture of Ace who looks exactly the opposite of goal oriented. He is about half way through the drive from Atlanta to Charlotte and is jammed in the back seat of a 2-door Honda Accord with Chico’s crate which is taking up all the space.
Talk about motivational imagery…

4 comments:

  1. Ok this is amazing Liz...I had no idea. I loved going back and reading these, I will definitely keep up with this...you now have 7 :) Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you will continue to write, I love reading your blog. Love your goals and enjoy the splash of humor. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, indeed! I love that you plan on reading more fiction. How about keeping a tab on Good Reads and then write a quick review of the books you read? It's a great exercise.

    You're a talented young woman!

    ReplyDelete