4.17.2011

Another Year Older.

Fyi. F bombs will be dropped in this post.

I’m 33 years old today. I’d say that it doesn’t bother me in the least, but I guess that wouldn’t be completely true. I hate the visible signs of aging, so that part of it sucks, BUT on the other hand, getting older is actually pretty awesome. When I think back to how completely stupid I was in my 20s, I embrace every aging year even more. I mean, I was teetering somewhere along the lines of a moron back then. Stupid decisions, over dramatizing, a bad attitude, and no sense of real value and meaning all summed up my early to mid 20s. Sure, I looked better back then but what the f*ck does that actually matter when you’re dumb as shit and have no real life experience or wisdom, but think you know everything? If you’re not a complete narcissist, then it doesn’t matter. What a mess that was.
I’ll celebrate today because I feel like I’ve traded up. I’ll take some wrinkles if that means that I can move through my life like a f*cking boss. Fine lines are fine by me if that means I can make decisions with wisdom and confidence, knowing that I’m making the right choices with my life and putting my time and efforts on things that actually mean something. My old age allows me quickly identify a messy situation, the wrong crowds, and a long line of bullshit, without actually getting all tangled up in them first. That sure as hell beats a long look in the mirror at my perfectly youthful skin. Ha.
So…...Happy Birthday to me. I may be 33 with signs of aging, but I still stay fly. Plus, I also look a lot less stupid than I did in my 20s. Now who’s taking me out for jack daniels shots???

1 comment:

  1. I will take you for that shot and cheers to you. Aging and growing is a wonderful thing. You are doing both beautifully !

    ReplyDelete