4.01.2012

The Yard.

We've spent the first three months of this year on the hustle. We've used some serious tunnel vision and have been 100% dedicated to completing our tasks. I am so happy to say that we are finally done with the yard!

I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago, so you dont get the effect of having the leaves on the trees like you would now, but I was too lazy to reshoot.

We have grass! Thanks to Ryan our backyard is lush right now. We added pine straw around the trees, and moved our stone walkway. The previous owners had initially put it in, but it didnt seem to make sense in its previous location. I love it running from the deck to the goat house....




I repainted the white trim on the goat house, added a window frame from The Depot at Gibson Mill that I got for $15, and bought a window planter from Walmart. Say what you want about Walmart, but when you are running a project on a budget, you can get a very similar product for much cheaper. Know where to spend your money! I filled the planter with an old fake plant that I had in my apartment and it worked perfectly. We got the bistro table and chairs from Ryan's mom and stepdad. They werent using them anymore and were more than happy to give them to us. We bought a few cans of black spray paint to take them from green to black and voila!


GREEN GRASS!!!!!


The new and improved back deck!! We put lattice around the existing structure and then water sealed and stained everything, added mulch and lighting, and bought a gazebo from Lowe's for $500. The gazebo was definitely our big ticket item, but it was well worth it. We needed shade and ambiance and the gazebo achieves both.




We also added planters for the front of the deck and I will be planting annuals in those next weekend.

Gazebo Chandelier.....

Our pretty trees in bloom....

We had a couple of shrubs in the front yard that had died so we needed to replace those. While we were doing that, we decided to extend the beds to the side of the house and added lighting and new mulch.






The end!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow ! Everything looks so beautiful !! You guys certainly have done alot of work, and it certainly shows. I just love it, now I want to go sit on the deck with you. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG everything looks fantastic, I'm with Connie I want to sit with her too on the deck candles going above me in your gazebo!!!! Love all the work you guys did, no wonder we have not seen you two! Happy belated Easter we had a great time at Doreen's. See you Sat here for Chuck's 75th and Mike's 50th. Love you guys, Carol & Chuck

    ReplyDelete