10.26.2010

I do.

I chose you alone
from all the world
to love and cherish
throughout all the changes of life.
I dedicate myself to you alone
and to your life's work
to join with you
so that together
we may serve God and others
as long as we live.
God be my help.

Holy SHIT!! I’m MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, I thought this day would never come. When I was little, I can remember scoffing at anyone who ever suggested marriage. “What on earth would I want to do that for?” I’d say. Then there was the period of time where I thought all men were worthless as life time companions and really only served the purpose of accompanying me on motorcycle rides and drunken benders. They were all bad, I thought. Then there was the time where I just didn’t want to be tied down. Sure, there were some decent guys out there, but certainly not spectacular enough to tie myself to for the rest of my life. I couldn’t even phathom what a guy would have to be like in order for me to want to marry them.


September 5th, 2010 was a day I will never forget. I couldn’t sleep. I had woken up at 2am, 6am, and then finally 7am. Everyone else was still sleeping of course. Why wouldn’t anyone answer my, “come be with me” phone calls?? Ridiculous, I thought. I took myself down to the lobby to see what the continental breakfast was all about and decided to take a much needed relaxing soak in the hot tub. My mind was so unsettled, I mean I hadn’t see Ryan for almost 11 hours. That never happens. I had made an phone attempt at 2am to lure Ryan to my room, but I could hear Cody in the background threatening to tackle him and take him down if he even moved toward the doorway. Oh well, it was worth a try. Anyway, I had had enough of the hot tub and decided to head back upstairs. I got back up to our room and Kelly & Doreen were up. We exchanged funny stories from the rehearsal dinner which ended up being quite the blowout for all of us and then Doreen made us breakfast. Scrambled eggs & venison sausage. I killed my second breakfast. What happened to nerves killing your appetite?? Good lord. It wasn’t much long after that we decided Mimosas were in order. Sarah came, then Melissa and the girls, and then slowly everyone else who was getting a room for the night was over visiting. I was calm and then I was nervous. Calm. Nervous. Repeat. Getting ready wasn’t a big production for me. I did my own hair, my own make up, and kept it all pretty natural. Easy. Done. Now I was really nervous. We still had to get ourselves to the venue and get some things set up. When we finally arrived, we realized we’d forgotten the burlap runners. Sunofa. Then, we discovered that leaving my candles for our sweetheart table in the jeep, overnight, was a pretty bad idea. Why didn’t I think of this? I had searched Waxhaw the day before for the perfect candle holders and fought with the crazy lady at the antique shop about selling me the candles to go with it and now they were melted and looking pretty absurd. What are vintage candle holders without candles??? Ughh. Oh shit. I forgot my lucky horseshoe brooch too. My word, had I not prepared at all??? Where was mind?? I had spent so much time looking for a horseshoe to carry on my wedding day because I read that it was good luck for an Irish bride to carry one on her big day. Phone calls were made and shit got handled, but I was still rattled. I still had to get set up and then get dressed and the photographer was already there. Ok, dressed. Pictures are underway and it is probably the most beautiful day that I’ve seen in quite some time. It’s sunny & 85 with no humidity. I’m feeling pretty good. Melissa gets there with the kids and they already begin stealing the show. I know I’m biased, but Raymond is the cutest ring bearer I’ve ever seen. The outfit Melissa and I envisioned for him is to die for. Sharon (our photographer) actually looked at me and said, “Are you kidding me???” about three or four times. We nailed it and he was working it. Pictures are done and it’s only 4:30. Now we wait. What the hell am I going to do for a full hour?? My nerves kick into overdrive. Beer. That’s clearly what we need. Coronas for everyone. The next hour took an eternity, but it was go time and I was so ready. I couldn’t believe it was here. Dad & I walked down the aisle and as soon as I laid my eyes on Ryan, I was fine. I was so happy, I couldn’t stop smiling. I have never been so sure of anything or anyone in my life. I was looking at the sweetest, most loving person in the world and he wanted me to be his wife. This was definitely the best day of my life. How did I get so lucky? This man cherishes me. He loves me with all his heart and puts nothing before me. I didn’t think someone like this even existed, but he does. And now he’s mine. : )

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am loving your blogs! You are such a talented writer! I love learning more about you and how you think. You have grown in so many ways! I am so proud of you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete