9.12.2011

Blogging Hiatus.

It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve blogged anything. I guess I’ve just been a little busy lately. Anyway, I just had a McDonald’s hot fudge sundae for lunch and I’m feeling pretty damn good so I thought I’d take a few minutes to say hi and share a few thoughts with those of you who are sweet enough to read my blog.

The 10 year anniversary of 9/11 was really quite emotional. Watching all the documentaries, interviews and news coverage of that day just really got the better of me. I was humbled by the magnitude of it all and found myself in tears more than once over the weekend. As sad as it was to watch and re-live, it really helped me put things into perspective. It made all of my problems and worries seem trivial and ridiculous.

I’m still struggling to get out of vacation mode. We got back from the beach on August 26 and I feel like I should have bounced back by now, but I’m still eating like a tank (hello, hot fudge sundae for lunch on a Monday) and weaning myself off the booze. In addition to that, my efforts to work out have been laughable. Since I’ve been back, I’ve only ran twice and walked the dogs three times, a pretty far cry from my normal hour long workouts 3-4 times a week. Hopefully this week will be a little more ambitious on my part.

I could not be more excited about this time of year. We’re finally getting a break from the heat and humidity and with temps in the mid 80s now, there is a cozy feeling of fall in the air. With the beautiful weather, the beginning of football season and pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks, it’s as if the stars have all aligned and made one glorious season for all of us to enjoy. Amen.

I cannot wait for the official announcement of the iPhone 5. Waiting for Apple to come to Verizon has already made me several years late to the iPhone party, so my line of thinking is…why not wait for the latest and greatest? I despise my BlackBerry. It’s like still having a flip phone with a retractable antenna at this point. It’s the biggest POS, freezes all the time, has slow as shit internet access and it has somehow password protected itself and can only give me access to my work email. Balls.

That’s all I’ve got for now. I’ll be back with more later. Y’all have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya with the vacation mode stuff - exactly! I'm eating crap (caramel apple for lunch), waaaay too much booze during the week, and my runs have been lame. It will be better this week, though (or, at least, that's what I keep telling myself) ;)

    As for the 9-11 coverage, I was kind of glad the hubby was at a golf tournament all day. I shamelessly sat around and watched coverage all day. I had to FORCE myself to go to sleep at 11:30 last night because I was mentally exhausted from living all the horror. It did help me put my problems in proper perspective, though.

    Hugs, Liz! Keep up the good work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back !

    That's what vacations are about...eat, drink and relax,,don't geel guilty. The normal routine will set in soon.

    The 9-11 coverage is difficult to watch, I had to limit how much I watched.

    ReplyDelete