2.28.2011

Some Random Thoughts.

Holy crap, I am in a bad mood today. Yikes. I guess it’s just one of those days, but you can’t win them all, right? Anyway, I just wanted to share a few random thoughts.

1. I have not had a drop of alcohol in 15 days. This may seem pretty trivial to some, but for me it’s a pretty big deal. It’s no secret that I openly embrace my love for booze. I like wine, beer, jack daniels, bloody mary’s, etc. You get the point. I’m mostly a weekend drinker, but have decided to step outside of my comfort zone and eliminate alcohol entirely until March 12th, with one exception, being my six month wedding anniversary on March 5th. I plan on having wine and dinner with my husband to celebrate, but will return to the wagon after that.

2. I miss my motorcycle terribly. After two days of beautiful 80 degree Carolina weather, I feel like I am not only having cabernet withdrawals, but I am also experiencing Moto fever. Motorcycles were built for burning away the bad mood days and clearing the mind like no other outlet can and it’s days like today that really remind me of that.

3. The Oscars are incredibly boring. I made it through the red carpet arrivals and the intro, but quickly lost interest after that. They need to take the Golden Globes approach and put some alcohol into the mix. I missed the actress who dropped the F bomb, but the replay looked like it may have been a little scripted, no?

4. They should really standardize the spelling of Gadhafi. Have you seen all the different interpretations of the spelling of this asshole’s name? It was explained to me that there is no right way to translate from Arabic to English, but that just seems a little sloppy to me. Shouldn’t we get on that? It seems like Arabic to English translation would be something that we should all be on the same page about so that we know what the hell is going on. At a minimum, shouldn’t the news outlets just all agree to one definitive spelling of his name? Geez.

5. Charlie Sheen is my new favorite train wreck. I watch and listen to interview after interview, and just when I think he can’t out-do himself, he comes along and claims to be high on himself. His ABC and NBC interviews this morning were pure gold. Brilliant strategy, Charlie. I give it a couple more months before someone comes along and finds him overdosed on his bathroom floor.

That's all I've got for now. More later....

2 comments:

  1. Lizzy,

    I swear you are my drug of choice!! You NEVER dissapoint me when I need my Lizzy fix. I laugh out loud to myself so bad that I think the neighbors must think that holy shit and they give that chic a gun!!! I love you and I miss you so much... I swear that everything that comes out of your mouth I relate too.. Sorry abour your bad day, you make mine great!!!

    Love ya, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I had to post Anonymous because I tried a million times last week another way and for some reason it wouldnt work for me :(
    Love, H

    ReplyDelete