3.02.2011

The Depot at Gibson Mill

We went went to Concord this past Saturday to check out The Depot at Gibson Mill which is the largest antique and designer mall in the south. I've been obsessed with antique and vintage pieces lately, so I was dying to see what they had for inventory. With over 460 booths, they did not disappoint. I swooned over just about every last damn thing that they had there, so keeping my enthusiasm and wallet in check was a little tricky. My mind was racing with inspiration for one redecorating project after another, so it was really overwhelming with all the choices at first, but I did manage to walk away with a few things without breaking the bank.
The best part of the Mill is that one of the tenants is the Auto Barn, which houses some of the baddest muscle cars this side of the mason dixon. They work as a storage facility and consignment shop so there is plenty of looking and shopping to do there as well. We definitely left there with a renewed enthusiasm for aquiring a muscle car. Maybe an old charger (I want a general lee to drive around Charlotte, while everyone else drives their bmw and mercedes) or maybe the Mach I that we saw in the showroom. Either way, it's nice to know where to go looking when we're ready to buy something completely bonafide.

From the antique and designer mall side........


What I brought home.....


This one is for a future craft project of sorts....

From the Auto Barn.......

3 comments:

  1. That place looks pretty cool. It reminds me of the market barn in Malone, except without the cars. Looks like you got some good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you bought! Really nice. I have to admit that cars just don't do it for me, but the barrel and pitcher put me over the moon. Yes, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The barrel is my absolute favorite!!

    ReplyDelete