12.15.2011

Beneath the Surface-Part II.

My cousin recently sent me this link HERE. It’s 95 questions to ask yourself in order to find more meaning and happiness in life. Here is a little synopsis from the site.

“At the cusp of a new day, week, month or year, most of us take a little time to reflect on our lives by looking back over the past and ahead into the future. We ponder the successes, failures and standout events that are slowly scripting our life’s story. This process of self-reflection helps us maintain a conscious awareness of where we’ve been and where we intend to go. It is pertinent to the organization and preservation of our long-term goals and happiness.
The questions below will help you with this process. Because when it comes to finding meaning in life, asking the right questions is the answer."

I thought trying to answer some of these would be a great exercise to help me shape what I want my 2012 goals to be. I thought I’d share them as I go because sharing them makes me actually answer them. Here are #s 1-30.

1. In one sentence, who are you?

I’m a person who genuinely wants to do better, be better and give my best to the ones I love the most.

2. Why do you matter?

Because I can make a difference in the lives of the people I care about.

3. What is your life motto?

Hmm. It used to be, “live to ride or fuck off,” but that hardly seems appropriate anymore. I would say love, kindness and acceptance.

4. What’s something you have that everyone wants?

Great hair? Joking….but not really. It’s what I get the most compliments on.

5. What is missing in your life?

A higher purpose. I want to give more, volunteer more, etc.

6. What’s been on your mind most lately?

Past mistakes and wrong choices. Things I would do differently, etc.

7. Happiness is a_____________?

CHOICE!

8. What stands between you and happiness?

Negativity within myself.

9. What do you need most right now?

My family.

10. What does the child in you long for?

Normalcy, structure.
11. What is the one thing right now that you are totally sure of?

My conviction to become the person I want to be.

12. What’s been bothering you lately?

Death & dying. Turns out I’m terrified of it.

13. What are you scared of?

The dark. I can’t see a damn thing in the dark. And of course, death & dying.

14. What has your fear of failure stopped you from doing?

I would say a lot of things that I have disguised as “not the right time” to go forward.

15. What will you never give up on?

My marriage.

16. What do you want to remember forever?

The way I felt when I knew that I loved my husband.

17. What makes you feel secure?

Chico~Suave, my hubby, my home.

18. Which activities make you lose track of time?

Spending time with my boys, reading, writing, photography.

19. What’s the most difficult decision you’ve ever made?

Deciding to take control of my own life. It was difficult in that it took forever for me to do.

20. What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?

Moving to North Carolina. Hands down. Easiest question ever.

21. What are you most Grateful for?

My hubby, My Chico, My family. All taught me the true meaning of love.

22. What is worth the pain?

Living.

23. In order of importance, how would you rank: happiness, money, love, health, fame?

Love, happiness, health, money, fame.

24. What is something you’ve always wanted, but don’t have yet?

Mini-donkey. A general Lee.

25. What’s was the most defining moment in your life during this past year?

I’ve had a few defining moments this year. The most intense was probably my trip home to NY in May. A lot seemed to click for me on that trip. The importance of family, acceptance of the past, and how fast time passes you by.

26. What’s the number one change you need to make in your life in the next twelve months?

I wouldn’t say that there is one thing more important than the other. I’ll continue to improve on several things for an overall impact.

27. What’s the number one thing you want to achieve in the next five years?

We want a farmhouse, either as a primary residence or second home. Ideally, we’d like to have a townhome or condo in Charlotte for the work week and a mini farm we travel to on the weekends. Best of both worlds.

28. What’s the biggest motivator in your life right now?

The desire to create a full and balanced life for my little family.

29. What will you never do?

Heroin. Duh. Oh and I will never support hate.

30. What’s something you said you’d never do, but have since done?

Wear flats!


-liz

2 comments:

  1. I love these, Liz. I'm going to steal this and answer the questions. I admire your spirit and your honesty. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you ! You are amazing. I love how you can put this all down in writing. I need to ask myself these questions. It certainly makes you think.

    ReplyDelete