12.21.2011

B.T.S.~Part II Questions 31-60

All right, so questions 30-60 are pretty boring. I mean, I am all for self-discovery, but I don’t want to be put to sleep while doing it.

31. What’s something new you recently learned about yourself?

That I’m getting old. I’ve been in denial for a while so this is a recent discovery for me.

32. What do you sometimes pretend to understand that you really do not?

Organized Religion, Politics, Smart Cars and 4 cylinder Mustangs.

33. In one sentence, what do you wish for your future self?

I wish that I will always feel content and at peace with myself.

34. What worries you most about the future?

How I will cope when something happens to Chico.

35. When you look into the past, what do you miss the most?

Being around my family and my horse.

36. What’s something from the past that you don’t miss at all?

Being young and stupid, the life I used to live.

37. What recently reminded you of how fast time flies?

Being in NY over mother’s day. Some things seemed smaller and older than I remembered and others seemed bigger and more beautiful. It’s funny how age and time can change your perspective.

38. What is the biggest challenge you face right now?

Finding the balance between doing what I want to do and what I have to do.

39. In one word, how would you describe your personality?

Warm.

40. What never fails to frustrate you?

Hypocricy and the reindeer antlers that people put on their cars at Christmastime.

41. What are you known for by your friends and family?

Being a lightweight and having a big mouth?

42. What’s something most people don’t know about you?

It bothers me when my living room is out of order when I go to bed at night. I straighten the pillows on the couch before I go to bed and if I don’t, I can’t sleep because I keep thinking about how it’s going to add to everything else I have to do in the morning. UNLESS, I have been drinking and it’s a Friday night, then I could care less. Cray cray.

43. What’s a common misconception people have about you?

I’m not really sure what people think of me so I don’t know how to answer this one.

44. What’s something a lot of people do that you disagree with?

Putting themselves before their children or having kids without thinking about it.

45. What’s a belief you hold with which many people disagree?

I don’t know. I’m a pretty neutral person so it’s hard to say. I believe in Gay marriage and I’m sure there are plenty of people out there that would disagree with that. Get over it though. Support love and don’t hate.

46. What’s something that’s harder for you than it is for most people?

Leaving my dog.

47. What are the top three qualities you look for in a friend?

Respect, similar interests and goals, fun.

48. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?


For a good bit, I guess. Weird question.

49. When you think of “home,” what specifically do you think of?

North Carolina.

50. What’s the most valuable thing you own?

I would say my home even though I bought before the market tanked. Its value goes beyond the $ sign.

51. If you had to move 3000 miles away, what would you miss most?

The South and everything in it.

52. What would make you smile right now?

Chico and Ryan fighting for my attention, a McDonalds hot fudge sundae, a bottle of wine and being at home.

53. What do you do when nothing else seems to make you happy?

Curl up with Chico & Ryan.

54. What do you wish did not exist in your life?

Not sure. I’m pretty tolerant and I’ve gotten pretty good at either removing or dealing with things I don’t like in my life.

55. What should you avoid to improve your life?

The wrong people. I need to surround myself with people who lift me up and make me better.

56. What is something you would hate to go without for a day?

Chico, Ryan, my iphone.

57. What’s the biggest lie you once believed was true?

Santa Clause. I was on track to be a life-long believer before my mom and sister had to break the news out of embarrassment for me.

58. What’s something bad that happened to you that made you stronger?

Geez. Cue the Kanye. Life happened. And then you shake yourself off and get on with it.

59. What’s something nobody could ever steal from you?

My resilience.

60. What’s something you disliked when you were younger that you truly enjoy today?

Being isolated and spinach.


-liz




2 comments:

  1. Liz, I have been missing your posts since I don't get the reminders any longer. I did read this one and must tell you that I love reading what is on your mind. Your answers to these questions were very insightful and helped me to get to know you better. I absolutely agree w/ what you have to say, especially the one about people having children without giving it much thought. I dare say our world would be a better place if only responsible, loving adults had children and invested in the future by raising them to be, well, responsible and loving. And compassionate. And open minded, etc., etc., etc. Thanks again! Love you and I wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these, and getting to know your thoughts better. What a great excerise and you have to be honest with your self to do it. So proud of the woman you have become.

    ReplyDelete