12.12.2011

GingerSnap 5k.

I ran my second 5k of the year last Saturday, December 3rd. Being that it was a Girl’s on the Run event, I was so excited to participate and help support the cause. I found out about the race a week prior to the event, so I didn’t have a lot of time to prepare, but I was determined to take part in it seeing how it was hot off the heels of my niece’s GOTR 5k. I ran it in 27 minutes and nine seconds. I was fairly happy with that considering it was my first 5k where I was actually trying to “get a time”. I ran a 5k earlier in the year, but it was more about having fun and supporting the cause. Now, I can’t wait for the next run. I’ll definitely be aiming for the 26 minute mark. I don’t think I’ll ever be a super competitive contender for a race win, but it always feels good to push myself a little further and do a little better each time.
The race was in downtown Waxhaw and it was soooo freezing that morning. I’m pretty sure I was having some sort of out of body experience during the first half mile. My feet felt like cement blocks and I was pretty sure that my body would never stop being confused about whether it should be hot and cold.

The hubby came along to cheer me on and grab a few pics.


Here I am!



-Liz

1 comment:

  1. Good job ! Proud of you ! Looks like a great turnout. Thanks Ryan for taking some pictures, makes me feel better connected to what is going on in your life. Keep running but most of all enjoying.

    ReplyDelete